Join President Trump @ 1PM (PT) for a National Day of Prayer Broadcast…
Today, you are invited to join millions across our nation to thank God for our national religious heritage and to intercede for our nation. Our country is in deep trouble. Only God can deliver us. If ever we needed to be on our faces before HIM, it is today!
In 1952 Congress established by law a National Day of Prayer to be celebrated on the first Thursday of May each year. Traditionally every President issues a Proclamation and hosts a prayer gathering at the White House.
You are invited to tune in to the White House National Day of Prayer event, hosted by President Trump, today (Thursday, May 7) at 1:00 PM (AZ Time) www.whitehouse.gov/live
Our nation is in desperate need of prayer.
Now, in this time of history, more than ever before.
And what is needed is more than just one day out of a year to pray for our country, however great and powerful that is. We need continual, consistent, fervent days of prayer. We need hearts that are being changed by God’s forgiveness and care. We need believers to unite, those with compassion, boldness, and who are willing to take a stand. We need our nation to come back to our God, asking Him for mercy and healing.
We are in a redefining moment in our nation and the world.
We are seeing first hand a global shaking (Hag. 2:6-7, Hebrews 12:26-27)! As we watch entire nations are cowering in fear while the global economy is collapsing…
Our nation is in the midst of an economic meltdown. Five trillion dollars (all of our nation’s gains since the 2008 recession) have been devoured. President Trump’s unemployment numbers (the lowest in history) have been wiped out. Churches, more than any other sector, are being scrutinized for when and how they can reopen. In Kansas City, pastors were told to turn in a list of their church attendees with contact information for “surveillance” purposes. Where will it end?
In the last six weeks every sector of our society has been crippled by “an unseen enemy” (COVID-19). There is a domino effect and even as we attempt to open back up, the dominos are still falling.
We stand at a crossroads, between life or death, liberty or constraint, mercy or judgment. What will it be? What will WE do?
If we have ears to hear, the Lord is calling us to return to HIM…
We cannot miss that in the midst of this, that good things are happening! The church is being pressed outside the walls to serve the needs of the community in beautiful and unprecedented ways. Our nation’s idols are falling (sports, entertainment, money, ambitions, addictions). Praise God for what He is doing!
We are currently in the midst of a 50-day window between Passover and Pentecost. God is calling His people to desperate preparation for a renewed outpouring of His Holy Spirit. It’s a time to empty ourselves of self-confidence and humble ourselves before the Mighty Hand of God.
We urge you to join us and other leaders across the nation in a season of prayer, repentance and fasting between today and Pentecost Sunday (May 31). This is the time to stand in the gap for HIS CHURCH and the destiny of our nation.
The Lord encourages us to pray in times like these according to 2 Chronicles 7:14. He said “If My people who are called by My Name will humble themselves and pray, seek My face and turn from their wicked ways. I will hear from heaven forgive their sins and heal their land.”
- Lord, we return to You and You alone! We ask You to forgive our failing efforts, unfruitful ways, and self-reliance that fall short of Your best. Forgive us, Merciful Father, and heal our land.
- Loving God, thank you for your great power. We praise you for your truth and love. We’re grateful that you have set us free from the clutching grasp of sin and death.
- We ask that you would be with us, extending Your Grace, granting us Your freedom, provision, protection, and empowering us with Your strength.
- We ask that You empower us, once again with Your presence. We ask for boldness to proclaim Your Name to the people of this nation. Destroy the plans to silence the Name of Jesus in our land.
- We pray that multitudes would come to know You as Lord and Savior. We pray that we would become Your Light to a lost and dying world. Open blind eyes and release those still imprisoned.
- We pray that You would unify Your Church for the glory of Your Name, that all who call themselves Christians would rise up as one and stand together.
- Wake us up Lord! Shake us out of our slumber! Make us aware of our fragility and cause us to cling to You for strength. Show us how to redeem the time, to hear and obey Your words, and empower us to make a difference in this land.
- We pray for all those in authority, that You would give them Your wisdom and discernment as they lead. Mighty God, appoint strong, faithful men and women to serve in leadership over our cities, states and nation.
- Merciful Father, heal our land. Shine Your Face on us once again. Let Your Glory cover this nation as a testimony of Your faithfulness.
- We need you now, more than ever before. Our days are in Your hands.
- Thank You that You are rich in mercy and full of grace. Thank You that You are forgiving and compassionate. Thank You that You are strong and mighty. Thank You that You are for us and not against us. And thank You that You fight for us still today.
- Bring honor to Your name through us, Oh Lord, for You alone are worthy.
In the powerful and matchless name of Jesus Christ our LORD! Amen.