2019 Collegiate Day of Prayer – February 28, 2019
On this day, February 28, thousands of individuals and prayer groups are adopting and praying for college campuses all across our nation!
Fathers and mothers, brothers and sisters, intercessors, small groups and churches are uniting in prayer on behalf of the next generation – to cry out for another spiritual awakening across our land!
This historic day of prayer began in 1823, in a time when many young people were turning away from God on college campuses. Believers became greatly concerned that both the future of their churches and the entire nation would soon follow in the spiritual bent of America’s college students — as the students go, so goes the nation! So, they began to unite on the last Thursday of every February to pray for the outpouring of the Spirit on college campuses.
It didn’t take long for God to answer. Within a few short years, revival began to break out on a number of college campuses. By the end of the 19th century, these repeated student awakenings had radically transformed the culture and moral climate of many of our largest universities. As a result, pastors began encouraging parents to send their kids to college, if they wanted to see them safe and soundly converted! God has done it before; let’s ask Him to do it again.
On this day, as we observe the Collegiate Day of Prayer, will you ADOPT a college campus in prayer today? Here is how you can do so:
- Sign up to ADOPT a college campus on the website!
- Gather some friends & family to pray – at home, work, church, on campus, or through technology.
- Join the live United CDOP Simulcast – 5:30-9:00pm (MST)
- Father in Heaven, we ask You to pour out Your Holy Spirit once again over the college campuses of America. As You have done in the past, would you do it again in our day! Come as You’ve promised and pour out Your Spirit – that power from on high would overshadow Your people, and that many would come to repentance and put their faith in Jesus.
- Jesus, we ask that You would unite Your Church on the college campuses of Arizona – that they would be one, just as You and the Father are one. May they be brought to complete unity, to let the world know that You were sent by the Father, and that they are loved greatly by the Father! We declare a great harvest of souls will be brought in through this unity and love among believers, that many would see and hear, and be drawn into the family of God.
- Holy Spirit, we ask that Your presence would rest on the student body and among the faculty and staff, on every college in Arizona. May every campus become an altar and every heart a living sacrifice, on which the fire from heaven will fall! Through the outpouring of Your Spirit on college campuses, we declare that America will return to You and that the nations of the earth will be awakened to Your revival purposes in this generation! In the mighty name of Jesus, we pray this as one – AMEN.