SB1289 Signed into Law: “God Enriches” Motto to be Displayed in AZ Schools
Can you imagine walking into a public school and seeing our state motto “God Enriches” or our national motto “In God We Trust” prominently displayed? That’s exactly what we can expect to see in the days ahead.
On March 5, 2018, a hearing was held on SB1289 promoting the display of “In God we Trust” along with other historical documents. Today, the bill was signed into law by Governor Doug Ducey after passing both the House and the Senate.
A teacher or administrator in any school in this state may read or post in any school building copies or excerpts of the following materials:
- The national motto “IN GOD WE TRUST”.
- The national anthem.
- The pledge of allegiance.
- The preamble to the constitution of this state.
- The declaration of independence.
- The Mayflower compact.
- Writings, speeches, documents and proclamations of the founding fathers and the presidents of the United States.
- Published decisions of the United States supreme court.
- Acts of the United States Congress.
- The state motto “Ditat Deus”, which means “God Enriches”.
- Heavenly Father, today we give thanks that our Arizona state legislature and our Governor have endorsed the display of documents that proclaim YOUR name. What a powerful declaration in the hallways and classrooms of our schools! We pray that the very mention of YOUR name will bring comfort to all who walk by. Let this be a reminder to every student and teacher that YOU are the creator and that YOU have a plan and purpose for every life as well as for our state and nation. AMEN!